CRAAG2 is a Pico HAB GPS Tracker using a single custom PCB.
The aim of this is miniaturization and weight reduction of the CRAAG1 Prototype Pico GPS Tracker, consolidating all the vital components onto a single PCB. This will also save cost as the chips can be bought without individual breakout boards.
Status: Finished, Flown.
- uBLOX MAX-6 GPS Module + Chip Antenna
- ATMega328 AVR Microprocessor
- RFM22B ISM Transceiver
Using the 868 MHz ISM Band.
I have many ideas about what to do with the Power Supply including using 1.8V rail voltage instead of 3.3V, and also using Solar Panels. For this reason I am not putting any complicated regulator on the circuit board. I'll be putting a footprint for an MCP1703 Linear LDO Regulator, due to it's simplicity. For a more-efficient switch-mode power supply, a separate board will be used.
The plan is to make this board in bulk, and so allow it to be as flexible as possible in it's uses.
- uBlox MAX-6 GPS + Chip Antenna (with backup battery connection!)
- RFM22b module
- Power Sources:
- 1.8V from 2x AAA through MCP1703 LDO Regulator
- 1.8V/3.3V from 1xAAA through separate Lipower Boost Regulator Board
- Integrated Battery Voltage Monitoring
- Pads for
- ISP Programming
- Analogue sensors
- Digital I/O
- ATMega328 (Farnell)
- RFM22b (HAB Supplies)